Mass production of New Year’s Cards

After about three or four hours of work I have just finished my cards for the new year. I made 10 of them and the key to spend as little time as possible is first to have a very simple design and then to make each step for all your cards before moving on to the next (instead of make the cards entirely one by one).
So first I started by preparing all the die cutting I needed to do. In order to earn some time I took my paper and I folded it in two before placing my dies and 20151231_114607putting them through the die cutting machine. This allowed me to have two dies cuts in one pass of the machine, it is quite capable of that… I didn’t even try but maybe I could have tried with three or four layers at once even though I’m not sure the details, of the stitching for example, would have cut through all of these layers but for two layers it worked perfectly..

20151231_114810

The other thing is to think ahead of what you want to do in order to do all your die cutting in advance so in one pass of the machine and I got my three balloons using my Rayher dies and the two panels ; a bigger one for the background (using a tonic studo die) and one for the smaller background.  After that, since I had my machine out I used it to emboss my bigger panel. I used a docrafts embossing folder. The next step was to stamp and heat emboss the sentiment « bonne année » in French then I used some craft premium pigment ink pad in gold to ink the edges of my second smaller background panel,  the stitched one (by the way I used « my favorite things » stitched rectangle die for that). I also covered all my ballons with 3 types of embossing powders. I temporarily adhered them on a paper using removable adhesive and covered everything with versamark ink.

20151231_155428
The rest was just a matter of assembling the card together I just added manually that string for the balloons and the dots using my silver uni-ball Signo sparkling pen. I borrowed this technique from Julia over at just one more card blog.
I finished my cards by adhering everything on a top folding card I used a guillotine to cut all my card bases at once.

20160102_163259

 

Studio_20160102_163223

 

 

And here they are : I’m sending sparkling cards to my family and friends this year 🙂

Studio_20160102_160529

Studio_20160102_160445

Publicités

Laisser un commentaire

Entrez vos coordonnées ci-dessous ou cliquez sur une icône pour vous connecter:

Logo WordPress.com

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte WordPress.com. Déconnexion / Changer )

Image Twitter

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Twitter. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Facebook

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Facebook. Déconnexion / Changer )

Photo Google+

Vous commentez à l'aide de votre compte Google+. Déconnexion / Changer )

Connexion à %s